Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America
- Planning Commission – 3 terms expired
- IHPRC – 3 terms expired
Consider minutes of the December 5, 2017, December 14, 2017 and December 28, 2017 meetings.
Recognition and appreciation of outgoing Mayor and Commissioner Fred Meier.
Reorganization of the Commission
- Oath of Office – Leonhard Caflisch (4-year term) and Louis Ysusi (2-year term)
- Election of Mayor
- Election of Vice Mayor
- Designation of Official City Newspaper
- Designation of Official City Depository
- Consider changing day of the week and time for Commission meetings
Adoption of the Consent Agenda
Recognition of Animal Control Office Charlie Benedict for his performance in the line of duty.
Recognition of citizen Patrick Crowell for assisting a struggling officer.
Items for Commission Action
Consider proclaiming January 14, 2018 as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Day.
Consider co-sponsoring an anti-racism training sponsored by the Independence Diversity Taskforce scheduled for April 14, 2018 at Memorial Hall.
Consider authorizing the sale of firearms, ammunition, and equipment to other Kansas law enforcement agencies.
3rd Quarter Treasurers Statement
City Board Minutes
- December 20, 2017 Recreation Commission Minutes