News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/29/2019 8:52:37 AM to 6/22/2019 12:00:05 AM.
Posted on: May 29, 2019
[ARCHIVED] May 2019 Sales Tax Report
May 2019 Sales Tax Report
- May receipts totaled $187,854, which is an INCREASE of $3,955 from May 2018, or up 2.2%. Please look at the Graph II, “May 1% Sales Tax 10 Year History” in the attached report.
- Sales tax receipts are up 3.7 percent for the first five months of 2019, or $845,711, which is $30,204 over the first five months total in 2018 of $815,508.
- On a straight-line projection, sales tax budgeted for FY2019, with only five months reported, would project at $2,029,708 or $74,619 over our FY2018 actual amount of $1,955,089.
- Also, on a straight-line projection sales tax budgeted for FY2019, with only five months reported, would project at $98,608 over our budgeted amount of $1,931,100; this would be 5.1 percent higher than the budget.
- May 2019 amount is the second highest dollar amount for the month of May in the past ten years (see bar chart “May 1% Sales Tax 10 Year History).
- The Compensating Use sales tax portion made up 10 percent of the $187,854 total ($18,788). See the bar chart on page three, “2019 Sales Tax – One Percent General Fund/Compensating Use Sales Tax and Sales Tax.”