In an effort to maintain an open channel of communication with his constituents, Independence Mayor Gary Hogsett has scheduled a second “Mayor’s Listening Tour,” featuring a series of open sessions for community feedback and discussion.
The events are scheduled at the following times and locations:
• Monday, July 11, 5 p.m. – Hotel Booth lobby, 201 W. Main
• Tuesday, July 19, 10 a.m. – Independence Main Street office, 106 E. Myrtle
• Tuesday, July 26, 5 p.m. – Jim Hayward Fine Art gallery, 221 N. Penn
• Friday, August 12, 10 a.m. – FirstOak Bank, 113 N. Penn
• Thursday, August 18, 5 p.m. – Independence City Hall, 120 N. 6th
• Tuesday, August 23, 5 p.m. - Magnolia Scents by Design, 106 N. Penn
Local residents are invited to drop in for casual conversation during the scheduled sessions.
“My first listening tour this past spring was very productive and gave me a great opportunity to get to know more folks in the community and hear what issues are important to them,” said Hogsett. “I always try to keep an open mind when it comes to constituents’ concerns, and I encourage people to take advantage of these opportunities to come out and visit.”