News Flash Home
The original item was published from 5/16/2023 12:19:48 PM to 6/1/2023 12:00:03 PM.
Posted on: May 16, 2023
[ARCHIVED] City of Independence Positions Up for Election -- City Commission – 2 positions
2023 LKM City Candidates Guide
- Positions Up for Election
- City Commission – 2 positions
- Important Dates
- Filing Deadline – Noon on Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Primary Election (if needed*) - Tuesday, August 1, 2023
- *A Primary Election is held if there are more than three times the number of candidates as there are positions up for election.
- General Election – Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Filing Location – Candidates for all local elections file with the Montgomery County Clerk at the Courthouse in Independence, 217 E. Myrtle
- Eligibility – A person is eligible to file for a City Commission seat if they are a qualified elector of the City of Independence, meaning they are registered to vote and live within the Independence City limits.
- Fees – The filing fee is $70. Montgomery County receives $20 and $50 is sent to the Governmental Ethics Commission.
- Resources – The League of Kansas Municipalities recently released their 2023 City Candidates Guide, available on their website at www.LKM.org/CITYCANDIDATEGUIDE.