Orders will close on March 1st for custom-engraved brick pavers offered in a community fundraising effort to support the innovative Central Park Sports Complex now under construction on North Park Boulevard.
As part of the design of the sports complex, a special donor plaza will be created, featuring a mosaic layout of brick pavers that can be purchased and customized by donors. Bricks are offered in two sizes and may be engraved with names and/or clipart to honor or recognize loved ones, families, businesses, and organizations. Mini replica bricks are also available as a keepsake memento. More information and online ordering are available via Fundraising Brick. The brick campaign will conclude on March 1, 2024. More information on the campaign is available by emailing Central Park Sports Complex.
The $10.7 million sports complex project broke ground in October 2023 and will be completed in phases over the next few years. The project will include a complete renovation of the current ballfield complex to ultimately include new and expanded sports, fitness, and recreation fields and facilities and improved access and safety for users of all ages and all walks of life. The project will include:
- A new four-plex of baseball/softball fields accommodating all recreation league age groups;
- New soccer fields for all ages;
- Pickleball courts, improved basketball courts, batting cages, and a year-round outdoor fitness court (already completed);
- A lighted 1.1-mile multi-use trail;
- A flexible-use grass field for flag football, practice, pick-up games and overflow;
- Improved parking, new concessions, and restroom facilities, updated and expanded spectator seating, and improved lighting throughout the complex;
- ADA-accessible accommodations throughout.
Important infrastructure improvements at the complex also will be completed to mitigate traffic congestion and damage from potential flooding in the area and create a safe, inviting environment for all users.
Residents may follow the project's progress on Facebook.